Rain Bird PGA Series-1″ Electrical Valve, Remote Control, Globe Angle Configuration, 24VAC
Plastic Residential/Commercial Irrigation Valves
The Rain Bird PGA Series-1″ Electrical Valve, (Model 100-PGA) is built for high-end residential and light commercial applications. Rain Bird PGA series valves are the toughest, most reliable valves in their class. These long-lasting, easy-to-service valves are proven to perform at the highest level, even under harsh temperatures and intense pressure. For maximum peace of mind, PGA series valves also offer a best-in-class, three-year trade warranty. Because you care about your reputation—and so do we.
The Rain Bird PGA Series-1″ Electrical Valve maintains a strong, worry-free seal between the body and bonnet, no matter the conditions. In Thermal Cycle Testing, hundreds of PGA valves were exposed to extreme temperature swings and intense pressures. The result—zero leaks.*
The PGA valve’s body-to-bonnet seal is built to overcome the intense water pressure common on many commercial sites. Faced with repeated pressure surges well into the triple digits, our valves outlasted the nearest competitor more than 2 ½ times to 1 in Cycle Surge Testing.*
Multi-drive screws make servicing the PGA valve simple. With the option of flathead, Phillips or hexagonal, you have the freedom and convenience you need to get things done faster. *Currently available on 2” PGA models only.
With a robust electrical design, the Rain Bird PGA Series-1 inch Electrical Valve greatly reduces noise and delivers years of reliable performance. So not only will you have peace of mind, you’ll have peace and quiet.
*Based on 2013 testing conducted at Rain Bird’s Product Research Facility in Tucson, AZ.
• Filtered pilot flow to resist debris and clogging
• Normally closed, forward flow design
• Robust electrical design for quiet performance you can count on
• Rugged PVC and glass-filled nylon construction for reliable operation
• Water-tight seal between the body and bonnet for maximum confidence, even in the most extreme conditions
• Slow closing to prevent water hammer and subsequent system damage
Ease of Use
• Globe and angle configuration for flexibility in design and installation
• Multi-drive screws (Phillips, flat-head, hexagonal) for easy maintenance
• Manual internal bleed operates the valve without allowing water into the valve box. This allows the pressure regulator to be adjusted without turning the valve on at the controller
• Non-rising flow control handle adjusts water flow as needed. *Currently available on 2” PGA models only
• One-piece solenoid design with captured plunger and spring for easy servicing. Prevents loss of parts during field service
• Accommodates optional, field-installed PRS-D pressure regulating dial to ensure optimum sprinkler performance
• Accepts latching solenoid for use with Rain Bird battery-operated controllers
• Optimal purple flow control handle for non-potable water applications PGA-NP-HAN1 (1″ and 1 1/2″); PGA-NP-HAN2 (2″)
• 24 VAC 50/60 Hz (cycles per second) solenoid power requirement: – 0.28 A (6.7 VA) holding current – 0.41 A (9.8 VA) inrush current
• Flow without PRS-D option: 2 to 150 GPM (0,5 to 34 m3/h; 0,13 to 9,44 l/s)
• Flow with PRS-D option: 5 to 150 GPM (1 to 34 m3/h; 0,32 to 9,44 l/s)
• Pressure: 15 to 150 psi (1,0 to 10,4 bar)
• Solenoid coil resistance: 24 Ohms, nominal
• Temperature: Up to 110° F (43° C)
• Rain Bird recommends flow rates in the supply line not to exceed 7.5 feet/second (2,3 m/s) in order to reduce the effects of water hammer.
• For flows below 5 GPM (1 m3/h; 32 l/s), Rain Bird recommends use of upstream filtration to prevent debris from collecting below the diaphragm.
• For flows below 10 GPM (2 m3/h; 63 l/s) Rain Bird recommends the flow control stem be turned down two full turns from the fully open position
• 100-PGA: 7 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, (18.4 cm) x (14.0 cm) x (8.3 cm)
Note: The PRS-D option adds 2″ (5,1 cm) to the valve height
Warranty Period: 3 years