The Spears Dri-Splice Seal DS-400, Enables You to Stock One Connector for All Applications
The Spears Dri-Splice Seal DS-400 features an interference webbing which expands to accommodate #18, #14, #12, or #10 gauge wire sizes. In the event only two holes are used, the Spears Dri-Splice DS-400 Seal prevents sealant from leaking out through the third hole. The design makes installation quick and easy. The Spears Dri-Splice Seal DS-400 is engineered for use in electrical systems with 30V or less. It is easily installed in the field without any special tools. You have the security of permanent protection for underground wire splices.
• Spears DS Wire Connectors Spec Sheet
1. Insert wires through holes in base of body.
2. Twist stripped wires together and apply crimp sleeve with an indent type crimping tool. Trim excess bare wire.
3. DS-100 ONLY — Fill Plug to brim with DS-300 sealant.
4. Invert body and insert plug into body until it snaps tight.
5. Push wires all the way into the plug to completely seal the crimp sleeve.
6. DS-100 ONLY — Be certain sealant has formed into all holes in body.
• All the features of the DS-100, plus the added benefit of being pre-filled with Dielectric Silicone Sealant
• Reduced inventory requirements
• Insures proper amount and type of Sealant every time
• Eliminates costly waste and clean-up