Browse by Manufacture
Rainbird ESP-SM3 3 Station Expansion Module
List Price: $37.00
Item Number: RBESPSM3
Manufacturer: Rain Bird
Manufacturer Part No: ESPSM3
Rain Bird® ESP Modular Irrigation Controllers
Maximize Your Productivity
The ESP Modular Irrigation Controller is designed to maximize your productivity by saving you time and money. Easily expand from a 4 station base model to 13 stations with 3 station hot-swappable modules, which can be added without powering down the controller.
Another example of Rain Bird's legendary reliability, the ESP Modular offers industry-leading surge protection, temperature tolerance and rugged construction. It improves upon Rain Bird's already easy-to-use ESP style of programming with a large, easy to read display and intuitive programming sequence, making this the most user-friendly irrigation controller in its class. The spacious cabinet and terminal locations make installation and wire-up a snap. And features like the Contractor Default program make service calls more efficient and earn you more money by taking less time! The Rain Bird ESP Modular: Maximizing your Productivity.
- NEW! 5-year lithium battery (Rain Bird Exclusive) and non-volatile memory, keeps time, date and program schedule in case of power outage.
- Superior surge protection — withstands nearly 3 times higher electrical surges than competitive controllers.
- Rain Bird quality construction and components.
- Fuseless, diagnostic circuit breaker identifies a station with valve or wiring problems and continues to water operable stations.
- Easily expandable from a four station base model to 13 stations with the additon of 3-station modules at installation or in the future. Modules can also be installed in any available slot.
- NEW! Longer station run times add more flexibility for special applications such as drip.
- NEW! Programmable master valve allows pump to operate only as needed, resulting in greater flexibility in controlling the water source.
- NEW! Programmable Delay Between Stations allows additional time between zones for water well recovery or slow closing valves.
- Auxiliary Station can be set to bypass an active sensor to allow watering even if the other stations are disabled or can be set as a normal station.
- 365-day calendar with leap year intelligence means that you can set an “Odd” or “Even” day watering schedule and not worry about changing the date on leap years.
- Four irrigation cycle modes for maximum flexibility and compliance to all major watering restrictions (Custom 7-day calendar, cyclic 1-31 day interval, and odd/even day calendar).
Easier for You:
- Contractor Default Program (Rain Bird Exclusive!) allows retrieval of a default program you save in to memory. Easily replace a schedule that has been altered by the homeowner in seconds.
- Hot swappable modules allow adding more stations without powering down the controller.
- NEW! Improved Ribbon Cable provides better visibility and ease of connection.
- Larger cabinet space provides more room for wiring installation.
- “Valve Test Terminal” allows the installer to test the valve wires during installation to determine the valve that each wire is connected to.
- Spacious heavy-duty cabinet with internal junction box provides lots of room for wiring and eliminates the need to purchase an external j-box for a clean and professional looking installation. Outdoor model comes with key-locking cabinet.
Easier for Your Customers:
- Easy programming: Rain Bird's easy to use Extra Simple Programming style with larger LCD dispaly.
- Time, date and program schedule are stored in case of a power outage.
- Enhanced Diagnostic Feedback™ alerts the user to conditions when watering is suspended due to an activated sensor, shorted stations or programming errors with a warning light and text message on the LCD.
- Permanent Day off allows the user to set any day of the week as a non-watering day in any program or schedule, making it easy to comply with watering restrictions or other requirements such as weekly lawn care or maintenance.
- Global Season Adjust (0-200%) allows the user to alter the run time of all the valves in every program with the push of a button.
- Dedicated sensor terminals allow the user to easily connect a sensor to the controller for maximum water efficiency.
- Sensor bypass switch allows the user to override an active sensor.
- Number of programs: 3 independent
- Automatic Starts: 4 per program, 12 total
- Station timing: 0 to 6 hours for all stations
- Independent programming schedules:
- Custom (user selects the day of the week to water)
- Odd (watering occurs on only odd days of the month except the 31st and February 29th on a leap year)
- Even (watering occurs on only even days of the month)
- Cyclical (watering occurs between from once a day to once every 31 days)
- Input required: 120 VAC 20%, 60Hz
- Output: 25.5 VAC 1A
- Surge Protection: Primary input side has built in MOV (metal oxide varistor) to protect microcircuitry. Output side has 1 built in MOV for each valve station
- Power back-up: Lithium coin-cell battery maintains time and date while non-volatile memory maintains the schedule
- Multi-valve station capacity: Up to two 24 VAC, 7VA solenoid valves per station plus a master valve
- Width: 10.7 in. (27,2 cm)
- Height: 7.7 in. (19,5 cm)
- Depth: 4.4 in. (11,2 cm)
- ESP-4Mi: 4 station indoor model*
- ESP-4M: 4 station outdoor model*
- ESP-SM3: 3-station module
*Available in 120VAC, 230VAC, 240VAC models